Avocado “Cream-Sauce” Pasta
Whenever I tell people about this recipe I start by saying: “I know this sounds weird, but you have to trust me,…”. And you do! This pasta dish takes the concept of cream sauce pasta and raises the stakes, all in 15 minutes or less.
Why do I love it? While the texture is creamy and decadent, the flavour is fresh and bright (an unlikely combination for a “cream sauce”). Plus, it will make your hair shine and your skin glow!
Makes 2 servings
- Cook two servings of spaghetti in boiling water (~10 minutes).
- When the spaghetti is 4-minutes from being cooked, add 1 cup of frozen green peas.
- While the spaghetti is cooking, place EVOO, garlic and lemon juice in a blender and mix until smooth. Next, add the avocado, 1/4 cup of chopped basil leaves, lemon zest and salt, mixing on medium until the consistency is smooth and creamy
- Drain the Spaghetti and Peas and place in a mixing bowl. Scoop the sauce over the pasta and peas and toss to combine.
- Garnish with red chilli flakes, fresh ground pepper and cheese of choice (I recommend a mild cheese that won’t overwhelm the delicate flavours in the sauce, such as buffalo mozzarella or boccini). Serve Immediately.
- A medium-sized ripe Hass Avocado
- 1/4 cup of basil, chopped
- 2 medium sized garlic clove, chopped
- 3-4 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp of lemon zest
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 1/3 -1/2 a small mozzarella ball (or as desired)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Chili flakes and fresh ground pepper, to taste
Make this when…you’re craving cream sauce. you want to impress your dinner guest with something they’ve (probably) never had before. on a week night. for a night in - serve with sauvignon blanc or a pinot noir.
Adapted slightly from Oh She Glows: http://ohsheglows.com/2011/01/31/15-minute-creamy-avocado-pasta/
- asilversixpence reblogged this from morgueresident
- skinnybaras reblogged this from joannaestep
- mizzylizzy likes this
- killerkupcakez likes this
- chernobylalpha likes this
- annathemoony likes this
- monsecoria likes this
- zoovie likes this
- friedcheesemogu likes this
- grandadmiral likes this
- missweber reblogged this from sailaweigh
- calligrafiti reblogged this from sailaweigh and added:
- queen-of-bootea likes this
- klockan likes this
- boldriley reblogged this from joannaestep
- thatsagooddeduction likes this
- mirthtones likes this
- skinnybaras likes this
- sailaweigh reblogged this from joannaestep and added:
- morgueresident reblogged this from mordanthallion
- greenapple2004 likes this
- pride1289 likes this
- nemicon likes this
- mordanthallion reblogged this from joannaestep
- joannaestep reblogged this from sailaweigh and added:
- culinarycurator posted this